Friday, January 13, 2006

Octopus' Garden

I'm going to discontinue this blog. It is time for me to move on. I've been realizing lately that I have moved beyond the Beatles. This is not to say that they have not had an inestimable influence on me and the kind of music I listen to. They were the door that opened me to different music than I'd ever listened to...music beyond contemporary Christian (most of which I now dislike, except for maybe Jars of Clay and Third Day). For a while, the Beatles were all I listened to. But I've now become enamored with a lot more...R.E.M. (which I've been listening to a lot lately), Ben Folds, the Doors, Coldplay, Green Day, Joni Mitchell, Gorillaz, Josh Groban, Simon & Garfunkel, etc. Eclectic tastes. Warm sounds with lots of nice guitar.

There are many Beatles songs that I will always love...
Things We Said Today
Come Together
Here Comes the Sun
Eight Days a Week
Paperback Writer
You’ve Got to Hide Your Love Away
Yesterday
Two of Us
Across the Universe
Let It Be
Magical Mystery Tour
I Am the Walrus
Strawberry Fields Forever
All You Need Is Love
The Inner Light
Hey Jude
Love You To
Here, There and Everywhere
Good Day Sunshine
For No One
Drive My Car
Norwegian Wood
The Word
In My Life
With a Little Help From My Friends
Within You Without You
A Day in the Life
Dear Prudence
Happiness is a Warm Gun
Blackbird
I Will
Mother Nature’s Son
Cry Baby Cry

I will start a new blog, one I'll update only occasionally to reflect on specific subjects (probably in terms of music), not just ramble on about what I've been doing lately. (Because my life is pretty boring.)

Thanks for those of you who have read and commented on this. I'll post once more to let you know where my new blog is. It will not be on Myspace or Xanga.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your blog - it's the only way I can really know what you're thinking, because we don't talk much anymore. But if it's time to move on, then I guess I understand.

5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home